Thursday, December 31, 2009

Ahhhhhhhh


The Saturday after Christmas I sat down and couldn't get out of the chair for half the day. It's my version of jet lag - a post sewing frenzy coma - and my body was not going to cooperate until it had a chance to rest. Half a day and a cup of green tea put me back on my feet. I have yet to sit at my sewing machine since finishing that last apron but I've orders to full and promised I would get to them after the new year.

What an exciting experience was my sewing-approach to the holidays. I had custom orders to fill and was constantly sewing to keep up with what was selling off the racks. Because I had absolutely no idea of what to except demand-wise from the two craft fairs my daughter and I participated in, I sewed every opportunity I had in order to feel reasonably ready for an unknown demand. I did all right in that department, though of course could have done more. Now I can take a break and no longer be concerned about back stock but sew to fill the space left by a sale.

Thank you to all who admire, buy and wear my aprons. I am grateful and humbled that I have been able to create something that appeals to others.

Happy New Year to all.

5 comments:

hilary said...

Hi Jinger, this is Hilary. I was wondering how do i buy or order one?

hilary said...

I would like my apron to be a bright, hot pink/bubble gum pink. I like the 40's type apron but i was thinking the straps on the top to be like the chef apron (go around the back of my neck) maybe? And sew on heart pockets.

Yo Momma's Apron Strings said...

I can do that. Would you like your fabric to have other colors involved or something with a subtle design that doesn't distract from the main color - hot pink/bubblegum pink?

Hilary said...

i think that the plain color alone will be good but if u want u can show me other fabrics if u want? take a photo with ur phone if u can and send it to me? but that's just an idea...u don't really have to. :)

Yo Momma's Apron Strings said...

When I go fabric shopping I'll see what I can find and send you photos of what I see. If you can respond quickly I can buy it while I'm in the store. If not, I'll can use my judgment and buy something I think will work and we can take it from there.