Saturday, May 9, 2009

Spring and a new Market

Spring has sprung, which means the end of the Brunswick Winter Market and the beginning of the summer markets. Starting on May 22nd I will be selling on Friday afternoons at the Freeport location of the Cumberland Farmer’s Market http://www.cumberlandfarmersmarket.org/index.shtml. I’m excited to discover how well my aprons and other sewn goodies are received in the new location. My hope is, with the constant stream of tourists coming to Freeport for the ultimate Maine shopping experience, my aprons will prove to be a good seller to all those fresh customers.

Currently I am having a blast making work aprons for our local natural foods store, Morning Glory Natural Foods in Brunswick, Maine. Susan, the owner, saw my aprons at the Brunswick Winter Market and asked if I would be interested in making aprons for her store staff. I designed a simple half-apron with multiple pockets that run across the front and bought a variety of heavy cotton fabrics so I could make each apron of different fabric. Fun, fun, fun! I like them so much that I plan to make some for market.

I have added children’s aprons, fabric corsages and hand painted clothespin-headed creatures to my inventory. My plan is to add reversible jacquard ribbon belts and baby slings in the near future.

I hope to see you on Friday afternoons in Freeport.

No comments: